Monday, September 26, 2011

Movie Star

SPEAKING TO A GUY I SEE AT WORK SOMETIMES:

JORDAN: You know, you remind me of somebody.

GUY: (intrigued) Who?

JORDAN: (thoughtful) Geez, I don't know! I'm trying to think of who it could be.

GUY: (still intrigued) Somebody who works here?

JORDAN: (increasingly annoyed with self) No... I think it's somebody from a movie or something. It's gonna drive me nuts until I can think of it too.

GUY: (intrigued and somewhat flattered) Hmm... (cocks his head) A movie star, huh?

JORDAN: (watches guy cock his head and suddenly realizes which "movie star" he's thinking of)


Crap.

JORDAN: Uh... (feigns resignation) I can't think of it right now. I'll let you know if I do. (runs away)

SCENE.

2 comments:

  1. He probably already knows. I used to think when I looked in the mirror I looked like a Muppet. And then I realized I was just being silly until one day a co-worker and I had a conversation much like the one you just posted. He didn't hold back and said . . . " I know . . .you look like Skeeter from the Muppet Babies." Yep . . .fear realized. :D

    ReplyDelete