Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 3- Part II. Extra credit!

So today I found myself talking to an intimidating looking security guard. He sort of looked like this:


It was my first time speaking with him and we were talking about something that had just happened at the hospital when all of the sudden the 1960's hit song Baby Love by The Supremes started emanating from somewhere about his person. I didn't immediately realize exactly where the song was coming from and I sort of winced with annoyance and confusion as he searched his pockets for the cell phone from whence the offending music sprang.

 "Motown!" he proudly stated as he finally was able to fish the phone out from his pocket. Not thinking and speaking a little louder than I had hoped to I muttered, "More like HO-Motown."  

Immediately I froze with what I'm sure was a horrified look on my face with the realization that he had indeed heard what I had so stupidly said out loud instead of within the safe and cozy confines of my head. I stood there for what seemed like an hour waiting for the inevitable reaction which was sure to be violent. 

He narrowed his eyes at me which was absolutely terrifying and then he sort of cocked his eyebrow and broke into a huge smile and began laughing hysterically. A huge sigh of relief escaped me and laughed as he told the person on the other end of the line about my genius and hilarious wit. 

I guess the moral of this story is, if you're talking to an intimidating and imposing looking man who could easily murder you with his bare hands, don't be afraid to imply that he's a homosexual.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure. Are you saying that you don't like Motown or that you don't like that song or that you don't like giant security guards who have "Baby Love" as their ringtone? You need to be clear because I like Motown but I don't like "Baby Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It was the particular song choice and the volume level that was the problem. I don't really have a problem with Motown in general.

    ReplyDelete