Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 4- A Favorite Television Program!

This one is particularly tricky for me as I have to chose something old since Melissa and I haven't allowed any TV shows or movies without a positive message in our house for almost a year now. That pretty much relegates us to a few HGTV shows and PG movies. Maybe a couple PG-13's (Harry Potter series, LOTR, etc.) That means no Thursday night comedies too so I can't really choose my beloved Community because I missed the entire last season and it could be horrible now for all I know. (I doubt it.)


I decided to pick a series that is one of my all time favorites that I think helped shape my personality more than any show in history. That show would have to be the late great Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Mike or Joel? I prefer the Jordan years myself.

I still vividly remember the first time I stumbled upon an episode. It was a Saturday morning. The comedy channel was brand new and I was flipping around and saw this horrible looking movie with these three little silhouettes making some of the most hilarious and obscure comments I had ever heard and just eviscerating this awful film. Yes. This. Is. It. My new favorite show. If you haven't had the pleasure, do yourself a favor and watch them do their thing here. You'll thank me later.

1 comment: