Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 6- A Day You Wish You Could Relive!

You'd probably expect me to write about my wedding day or Harrison's birth or something obvious like that, don't you? Of course I would love to relive those days but I have experienced moments of sheer bliss on far less monumental days so I've decided to write about one such instance here.

One Saturday a couple of months ago we were walking around Costco and I suddenly I got sick. It was an odd sort of sickness in that I didn't feel that bad. I felt kind of cold inside and when I walked around I felt that there was a distinct possibility that I would pass out at any given moment. It was a sort of feeling like when you lean too far back in a chair and start to fall backwards. That moment just before you catch yourself.

This guy knows what I'm talking about.

Anyway, like I said it wasn't a particularly unpleasant feeling but I knew that I shouldn't be walking around and certainly should be driving in my current condition. So I did what any right-thinking Christian man would do and went home and headed straight for bed. (I'm not sure what christianity has to do with any of this but there you go.) Almost immediately I feel into a blissful slumber. I woke up a few hours later feeling the same only slightly less sleepy. It was probably about three in the afternoon at that point and I was suddenly struck with the euphoric realization that I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything until church the next day (Here's that dang Christianity thing again!) and I could just stay in bed the rest of the day watching American Pickers on my laptop and napping. And you know what? I did just that. In that moment I felt what it must have been like to of been Brian Wilson in the seventies and it was glorious.

Genius.

1 comment:

  1. I love American Pickers!!! I watch that all day sometimes, just not while lying in bed.

    ReplyDelete